Alice In Tanzania

This Blog is a diary of my trip to Tanzania where i will be teaching English to children, oh what a pure and golden soul I have O:) x

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

drowning and more to come!!

Oh yes...white water rafting...so there we were, me and martyn at the front of the boat, cat and ellen in the middle and charlotte and steph at the back with melvin, our guide. we started at rapid 10 because it was high water so we couldnt start from the beginning...everything was cool until we reached rapid number 16b....'The terminator' as it was called. This was the worst rapid of them all, it was a 4.5. Keeping in mind the highest rapid you are legally allowed to raft on is a 5!!! We got to it and melvin shouted "FORWARD!" so we were all paddling forward until we hit a big wave and, as i was at the front, the boat tipped forwards and i tipped out!! it was funny at first!! i was just laughing at how much of an idiot i was until i realised that i was miles away from the boat within seconds!! I remember looking at cats face, frantic with fear, trying to get her paddle to reach me and then i remember being underwater and wondering why my life jacket wasn't working. I had my paddle in my hand and i was trying to stick it out of the water so that they could see where i was...why i didn't just let go of it i dont know!! i finally reached the top of the water after what seemed like HOURS!! the cute guy in the canoe came and picked me up and told me to let go of my paddle (which, for some reason, i refused to do!!) and i had to wrap my arms and legs around the front of the boat. He then took me over to the boat and cat and martyn pulled me in. Cat was having a heart attack as i got in the boat!! hehe!! it was quite funny in a touching kinda way...i was in a complete state of shock and had no idea what was going on!! It was all fun and games though, and i'd do it all again!! :S I did jump in the pool when we got back though and completely freaked out at the sound of water when i was underwater!! Maybe a bit more practise of swimming underwater and i'll get over it!
We arrived back at jolly boys and met a group of lads who are volunteering in dar es salaam!! We got chatting 2 them and they taught us a new drinking game;Hoochy coochy! Planning on meeting up with them in Dar in a couple of weeks...cheap holiday and free accomodation!!! :) Woop!
Got the bus home from Lusaka to Dar on Monday...didnt know that existed...couldv done that on the way and spent more time in Zambia!! Ah well...we've learnt!! You have to learn from your own mistakes!
Arrived back in Arusha on Wednesday night...and off on safari on Fri. Will put that on my blog 2moro as i have...yet again...no time left!! This damn computer has been SO slow!!
Lots of plans 4 the week...doing a pub crawl down our local road and then off to masai in aid of my birthday!! :) massage off charlotte and gettin my hair cut and coloured...not sure how yet...might go crazy!!! hehe!! :)
Love u all...safari madness coming up 2moro!
Love al xxxxxxxxxxx
P.S-if this blog comes up all underlined...dont ask me why, i didn't have time to fanny around with it trying to make it normal!!! Sorry!

1 Comments:

At 8:42 AM, Blogger G4jima said...

Yes Young Lady

Take care for gods sake!!!

Jima

 

Post a Comment

<< Home