Alice In Tanzania

This Blog is a diary of my trip to Tanzania where i will be teaching English to children, oh what a pure and golden soul I have O:) x

Monday, May 22, 2006

up to date...eventually!!!

OK, im really sorry to everybody who actually checks this site regularly, i am so poo and get caught up on websites like this: http://n.ethz.ch/student/mkos/pinguin.swf and chatting on msn (mostly to people who i saw yesterday or who are sat about 3 computers down from me) I cant help it and then remember that i havnt updated my blogsite. So now i have got round to it, I am almost copying Cat's blog becuase, obviously, most of the things that happen to her, happen to me too! So if you have read Cat's blog, you dont really need to read this!

Just quickly...we recently waitressed/shootered at the rugby ball, where the theme was the letter 'P'. As Cat said we were all dressed as policewomen/policemen (martyn and dave!)...i was officer walice (bit of a long story but, as there is two alice's with changing worlds, im walice for alice w and other alice is malice for alice m!) i was put on bar duty for a while but we all kinda swopped round and took it turns so i had the syringes for a bit (about 20 plastic syringes on a belt filled up with red zappa, blue zappa, or springbock) and i was also in charge of my very own water pistsol which was filled up with sprinkbock! It was a brilliant night...some of the costumes were amazing!! Lots of priests, prostitutes (they were mostly guys!) and pirates.

As Cat said, we have a new edition to the 'sekei massive' as ellen calls it; Rosie. She moved from Enaboiushu which is our neigbouring school, she wasnt really doing much at the school and felt she would enjoy herself more with us. Seems we are a very wanted group!! She stays in Ellen's room which was with Ellen, but Ellen has now gone off to Zanzibar with Pat (her boyfriend), no worries though, she'll be back in two weeks for a few more weeks.Charlotte, however, has gone! Gone gone gone!! She's in Zanizbar at the moment with her boyfriend (possibly fiance by the time they get home??? who knows!!) and then they are flying home together on the 28th May
: ( two down 5 more to go! It's funny to think that Adele is at home. She txt the other day...Delly, if ur reading this...we miss you! Come back!

Me and Cat are now working on these after school English sessions, three times a week where we are currently reading Fantastic Mr Fox by Roald Dahl with them.

I had a bit of a fright last week when i was in absolute agony and cat and rosie had to take me to AAR (the doctors/hospital we were recommended). Apparantly i had a kidney infection...didnt know they hurt when u breathed! The AAR is also renowned for not being very reliable, but, the medication they gave me worked and surely thats all that matters?! So here i am, all better now!!

Friday night we went out to Masai camp for Natasha's birthday and to say bye to the AV volunteers, first time i'd been anywhere all week and my bloody phone got stolen!! So...a little plea to everybody, if i had your phone number previously, can you email me your phone numbers with your names please?! TA!! : )

Anyhoo, best be off, trying to shut the patisserie around me!! : S Sun is back thank god, with any luck, that was the last of the rain!!

Love u all tonz and tonz and tonz,
al xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 Comments:

At 8:09 PM, Blogger K8 Wig said...

BABE I MISS YOU.

What has become of my little sister I wonder every day? I can't believe you are reading the kids Fanstastic Mr Fox. That has always been my favourite Roald Dahl book. Absolutely brilliant choice anyway, all about the greed of the wealthy versus ths motivations of the poor which can be questionable but are totally justified because what choice have they got? Inspired sis. Brilliant.

And by the way, before I even get started, I don't believe for a second that your Cat's blog is any better than yours. You could still do with a few less question marks like but I think these are your words and I love reading them. Can't believe you've been waking up earlier than people too. You are ruining our legacy!!! Ooo exclaimation marks. Needed there I thought.

Back to inspiration... Also to really seriously totally amazed that you went to the Ruandan War Crimes tribunal. Got your text that day and just thought and thought about what on earth you were thinking being there. I've read a lot of stuff about the 1994 genocide and have to say I hadn't really pictured you as interested enough in it - not in a bad way like, but its not something you really just 'get into'. Its not fun. Never fail to be amazed by how much you surprise me. Still, very impressed that you went and would love to hear about it all and what happened. Did you see that priest get senetenced? War Crimes tribunals only ever really happen way after actuall attrocities but its important for closure and stuff init. Again, v impressed that you went.

What else...... o yeah, kidneys. What a total bastard they are. When I was doing all that protest stuff at uni and doing my finals and dissertation (and probably drinking loads to boot) I got a kidney infection and it was totally just like you said - I couldn't breathe. I was on a day long march the day the war started in Iraq, stopping traffic in Hull, and after eight hours on my feet I felt like I just had a really bad stich. It got to the point where I was like wheezing and H made me go home. She ended up making me go to the doctors where they said I had a quite harsh kidney infection and gave me some killer antibiotics to deal with it, which worked, thank god. Feeling ya anyway love. Cranberry juice seriously works brilliantly too, but not sure where your nearest Co-op will be to get some...

That bloody penguin game is rubbish! How dare you spend more time on that than writing me! Tried it just now after getting in from the pub where I've been with Soph, Dave, B and Mik. Been out for a curry with all the Yeomans tonight which was really cool but am totally stuffed. Frans up for the first time since Xmas, and Jim got back from Oz last week so he was there too. Everyone was asking after ya like, and we were all talking about Ma and Pa being there. Wish I was there with them lots. Did you know that Rod did the white water rafting at Victoria Falls when him and Rozzy were out there last year?

And you moan about the sun one week and then complain about the rain the other! So English of you babe. Can take the girl out of Rochdale, but not the Rochdale out of the girl. Or so they say...

New job going good and happy to be back in Manchester, despite the bloody rain, which is perpetual. You don't know the half about football. World Cup starts next week and everyone is just going totally bonkers for it here. Reckon it might actually be fun. And who gives a shite about Rooney's bloody broken foot. So sick of hearing about it.

Heard from Andy for the first time in ages tonight -he's finally moving out of Rockers to Manchester! Gonna go Whit Walks hopefully next weekend, will have a pint for you. Been ages since I been - Andy's got a whole field sorted for camping so should be really fun. Will give you all the gossip when I know it!

I'm all written out but glad I'm onto the catchup vibe. Really do hope you have lovely time with Ma and Pa and have to say Im looking forward to you coming home! Big hugs, will write again soon lots love K xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home